Studio Production Assistant (28-40 hrs/week)
We are a small, fast-paced artisanal manufacturing studio located in NE Portland. We’re looking for a dependable, self-motivated Production Assistant to join our team. This is primarily a solo position, but will involve overlap and coordination with others. This work has physical demands and a variety of repetitive processes, the majority of which require standing.
Our ideal candidate is a good communicator, with excellent attention to detail and has at least 1 year of production experience (concrete, ceramic, metal etc.). Hours may fluctuate depending on seasonal needs, but we’re looking for someone who can work 4-5 days a week for 7-8 hours a day (Monday-Friday).
Skill sets, duties and traits for this position include:
- A strong eye for detail and desire to create consistent, timely results in production (concrete casting, picking, sanding and pigmenting) based on our QC standards and production metrics.
- An ability to adhere to high quality control standards and the capacity to take constructive criticism in stride.
- The ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of initiative and follow-through.
- A desire to maintain a clean, organized studio space.
- The ability and enthusiasm to skill share and learn with others as we collectively work towards best results.
- A passion for the arts, small business, creativity and handmade goods.
Starting pay is $18-20/hr depending on experience. Position open until filled, but we’re hoping to start contacting qualified applicants immediately. Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.